HPF was set up to represent the voices of all parents/carers of ANY child with SEN and disability in Harrow, 0-25 years old. The steering group/advisory board members working on behalf of the forum are all volunteer parents of children with SEN and disability.
Why is it important to get involved and have your say about services?
In a time when local councils, NHS services and local support organisations have to find ways to save money and cut down on waste, your views on how the services should be run and how much your family need the services, can help decide whether or not funding would be secured to continue those services. Join us, take part and have your say, and represent all families in Harrow and save essential services we all need.
MEET THE CURRENT STEERING GROUP MEMBERS
How Can You Get Involved in the Parent Carer Forum?
- Help us to reach other parents with children with SEN and or disability from all backgrounds, especially if you speak other languages. Help us organise our events and drop-ins.
- Help us provide parents with information, workshops and training on SEN and Disability (SEND) and help parents’ understand their rights.
- Help us consult with parents on different topics in different schools and local settings.
- Help us canvass parent’s views and fill in questionnaires.
- Help us give and seek feedback to and from parents to professionals by representing their voices on strategy boards and at meetings. ***we can pay your expenses and a small fee every time you attend these meetings***
Do you have other skills or hobbies?
Other ways you can join and help the forum:
- Admin + photography
- Social Media
- Helping with events/consultations
- Attending meetings as a representative
We can cover your childcare and other expenses and give a small fee for each time you sit on a strategy board, interview or procurement panel.
Joining the forum is vital to its success. You can join our database and keep in touch via email or attend our meetings or lend us a hand.
TOGETHER WE HAVE A LOUDER AND STRONGER VOICE.
Send us an email at email@example.com
JOIN US! It’s YOUR chance to get involved, have YOUR say and MAKE A DIFFERENCE for ALL families in Harrow!
BECOME A STEERING GROUP MEMBER OR AN ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER AND HELP US MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN IN HARROW
Come and share your experience and shape the way services are run for all families. If you have a particular experience you think would be useful, then please tell us about it and speak up for other families.