- This event has passed.
Meeting with Ofsted Inspectors
July 2 @ 11:15 am - 1:00 pm
OFSTED AND CQC LOCAL AREA SEND INSPECTION IS COMING TO HARROW
NEXT WEEK (1ST -5TH JULY 2019)
What you should know:
- A new local area inspection framework jointly carried out by Ofsted and CQC (Care Quality Commission)
- Purpose of the inspection is to support local areas to improve their SEND services and provide reassurance to families that service leaders will be held to account.
- DfE and NHSE work together to follow up on the inspection findings
- A system of inspections for improvement across the work of education, health and care services
- Shines a spotlight on good practice, including in those areas that receive WSoAs
- All areas will be inspected by 2021; revisits will continue until 2023 (if needed)
- In planning for the inspection, the lead Her Majesty’s Inspector (HMI) and the
CQC (Care Quality Commission) inspector will consider all available evidence to develop an initial picture of the local area’s performance in fulfilling its responsibilities for children with SEND and their families.
How is the Harrow Parent Forum and parents going to be involved?
- The views of parents are integral to the work of inspectors
- The LA / CCG will inform the PCF (parent carer forums) 5 working days before the SEND inspection
- Revisits will be notified to the local area and PCF two weeks before the on-site work
- PCF are key stakeholders and for revisits will be asked to submit evidence of local areas progress
- Inspectors are not making a judgment about the PCF
- Parental contributions through webinars, emails, PCF on-site events
- Bespoke parental surveys for revisits
There are several ways in which parents and carers can share their views in the inspection process:
1. The inspection will include an online recorded webinar to allow Harrow’s parents and carers of children with SEND to contribute. The webinar will take place from 12 noon on Monday 24 June 2019 until 11:59pm on Tuesday 02 July 2019.
Parents and carers who would like to take part in this webinar can follow this internet link to register: http://bit.ly/LASENDWebinarLondonBoroughofHarrow.
If you would like know more about the inspections and help with the online link, please visit our drop in session on Friday 28th June from 10.30-12.30. at KCA, Artillery Place, Chicheley Road, Harrow, HA3 6QJ (our address)
2. We will be organising a special coffee morning for parents to meet with the inspectors on Tuesday 2nd July, from 11.15-1pm. Please see timetable on the NEWS page. If you would like to share your experiences at this meeting, please get in touch and let us know at email@example.com. Tel: 07928 577689
3. Parents and carers can email their contributions to Lasend.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more and download more information on our NEWS page.